- Field Recon
- Weapons & Armor
- Combat Tactics
- Playable Species
The Jedi Consular is the negotiator for the Republic. Similar to Yoda, the Consular would rather use intelligence and knowledge to get their needed results rather than a lightsaber. Very powerful in the Force, the Consular is very capable on the battlefield if they need to be. In history’s past, they would have been doing less combat oriented work; however, with the Empire constantly expanding, ever able Jedi needs to be on the battlefield doing their part to hold the Sith back.
On the battle field, expect to see the Consular as the fast, nimble warrior. They rely on their double bladed lightsaber and speed to get their work done when fighting. Unlike the Jedi Knight who does battle in armor and more brute strength, the Consular will wear robes only and fight with speed. They expect to deflect all laser bolts and lightsabers and never have to worry about something hitting their bodies. They will use the force such as lifting a heavy bolder, to throw at an opponent rather than just parrying with their weapon.
- Benevolence – Healing ability to heal team members.
- Clearcasting – A protection ability.
- Force Pull – Draws an opponent closer.
- Force Slam – Lifts an opponent into the air and slams him then into the ground.
- Force Wave – 360 degree arc attack.
- Meditation – Out of combat self heal abilty.
- Mind Maze – CC ability.
- Power Saber – Lightsaber attacks against multiple opponents
|Saber Strike||Deals 100% weapon damage spread across a flurry of three melee attacks.|
|Project||Throws debris at the target, dealing moderate kinetic damage. Standard and weak targets are additionally stunned for 3s.|
|Force Valor||Increases the target’s attributes and internal elemental resistances for 30m.|
|Meditation||Pause and meditate to restore your health and Force. Damage causes this effect to end prematurely. Cannot be used during combat.|
|Revive||Revive an incapacitated player or companion.|
|Weapon Proficiency: Lightsaber||Able to equip training sabers and standard single bladed lightsabers.|
|Weapon Proficiency: Vibrosword||Able to equip single bladed vibroswords, conventional swords, and other bladed melee weapons.|
|Armor Proficiency: Light||Able to equip lightweight armor.|
|Telekinetic Throw||Hurls a volley of debris at the target dealing high kinetic damage and slowing movement speed by 50%. Standard and weak targets are instead immobilized for that duration.|
|Force Wave||Deals high kinetic damage and knocks down all enemies within 8 meters for 2 seconds.|
|Stasis Field||Suspends a target in a stasis field preventing all action for 10 seconds. Suspended targets take 100% more damage from Project. Damage will break the effect permanently.|
|Project (Rank 2)||Throws debris at target dealing moderate kinetic damage. Standard and weak targets are additionally stunned for 3 seconds.|
|Force Potency||Grants three targets of Force Potency which increase critical chance of your force attacks and heals by 60%. Each time a Force ability crits you lose one charge. Lasts for 20 seconds.|
|Telekinetic Throw (Rank 2)||Hurls a volley of debris at the target dealing high kinetic damage and slowing movement speed by 50%. Standard and weak targets are instead immobilized for that duration.|
|Benevolence||Heals friendly target for a moderate amount of health.|
|Destruction||Use this ability to destroy obstacles and explosive containers.|
|Force Wave (Rank 2)||Deals high kinetic damage and knocks down all enemies within 8 meters for 2 seconds.|
|Force Valor (Rank 2)||Increase target’s attributes and internal elemental resistances for 30 minutes.|
|Force Potency (Rank 2)||Grants three targets of Force Potency which increase critical chance of your force attacks and heals by 60%. Each time a Force ability crits you lose one charge. Lasts for 20 seconds.|
|Project (Rank 3)||Throws debris at target dealing moderate kinetic damage. Standard and weak targets are additionally stunned for 3 seconds.|
|Mind Crush||Crush the target with the Force, instantly dealing moderate kinetic damage and a moderate amount of kinetic damage every second for 6 seconds.|
|Benevolence (Rank 2)||Heals friendly target for a moderate amount of health.|
|Sprint||Increase your speed and that of all your companions by 20%.|
|Force Speed||Increase your movement speed by 70% for 2 seconds. Does not break stealth.|
|Mind Sooth||Sooth the mind of your enemies, instantly lowering your threat by a moderate amount.|
|Replenish||Replenishes 60% of your maximum Force and health over 6 seconds.|
Jedi Consulars use “Force” as a resource for their spells. It works slightly differently between the two class specializations as well. Basically it’s an energy system as seen in World of Warcraft’s Rogue class or any of the Warhammer Online classes, and it’s the only thing required for casting spells. Jedi Shadow has an ability that increases the Force regeneration rate, and Jedi Sage on the other hand has an ability that significantly increases the base force pool (400%).
In a more peaceful age, Jedi Consulars may have humbly dedicated their lives to service as keepers of Jedi lore or as ambassadors in service to the Republic—tasks for which Consulars are uniquely qualified. However, as the shadow of the Empire has spread further across the galaxy, Consulars have stepped up to face the darkness on the front lines of battle as often as they’ve faced it when exploring the mysteries of the Force.
Preferring to stay as nimble on the battlefield as they are in negotiations, Jedi Consulars avoid the heavy battle armor worn by many Jedi Knights, Dense polymers and Cortosis armors would weigh them down; light cloaks and ornamented robes suit their strengths better, and the efforts they most often find themselves engaged in. No matter where they go, however, Consulars are never without the Lightsaber that marks their initiation into the Jedi Order.
The Consular’s powers go far beyond meditation and mediation, and nothing illustrates this as vividly as their graceful movements in battle. Whether beset by an army of assassin droids or caught in the middle of soured negotiations, the Jedi Consular fights with an open conduit for the Force; manipulating massive forces to disable or even destroy their enemies.
- Double Bladed Saber
- Burst melee damage
- Infiltration – Masters of stealth, these Shadows use positional attacks and surprise to defeat foes. In RPG terms this tree is a melee DPS tree.
- Kinetic Combat – Uses the double-bladed Lightsaber defensively to protect the Shadow and his allies. In RPG terms, this tree would be for a tank.
- Balance – Augments the Shadow’s Force and Lightsaber abilities from both classes as it’s the shared skill tree.
- Single Saber
- Powerful Telekinesis / Healing
- Ranged Control / Damage or Healing
- Telekinetics – Affords the power to distort reality and move waves of energy, tearing apart enemies. In RPG terms, this is a Ranged DPS skill tree. The skills in this tree focus on improving the existing force abilities and conserving force points.
- Seer – Allows the Sage to master the art of the force to heal and protect allies.
- Balance – Enhances the Sage’s force attacks and augments the Shadow’s force and lightsaber abilities. Shared skill tree between both advanced classes.
- Species: male Trandoshan
- Planet: Typhon
- Role: Melee Tank
- Armor: Heavy
- Weapon: Electrostaff or Vibrosword
- Abilities: Toggleable taunt-mode “Lightning Whip“, “Charge“: Ignites his jet pack and flies fist first to target
- Likes military gifts
- Crew Skills: +5 BioChem, +15 Archaeology
- Species: male Twilek
- Planet: Balmorra
- Role: Ranged DPS
- Armor: Medium
- Weapon: Sniper Rifle
- Kit: AoE Damage
- Crew Skills: +15 Treasure Hunting Efficiency, +1 Underworld Trading crit
- Species: male Human
- Planet: Hoth
- Role: Ranged tank
- Weapon: Blaster rifle
- Abilities: Taunt
- Likes tech gifts
- Crew Skills: +2 armstech crit, +2 scavenging crit
- Species: male Human
- Planet: Nar Shaddaa
- Role: Ranged Healer/Techie
- Armor: Medium
- Weapon: Pistol
- Likes tech gifts
- Crew Skills: +10 Cybertech, +10 Slicing
- Species: female Mirialan
- Role: Melee DPS
- Armor: Light
- Weapon: Double blade saber
- Crew Skills: +10 synthweave crafting +2 diplomacy crit
- Species: Droid
- Comes with your starship
- He can only be used for crafting and missions, not for combat
Only the following five species can pick and play a Jedi Consular:
Jedi Consulars share the same ship as Jedi Knights: Defender. You can view more details about it here.