This is a list of planets players can visit during their adventures in Star Wars: The Old Republic. We’ll only list the most basic planet information to give you a quick overview. If you wish to learn more about each planet’s history and such you can start with the Holonet.
|Galactic Republic Planets||Sith Empire Planets||Independent Planets|
|Ord Mantell||Nar Shaddaa|
- Capital of the Republic.
- Only Republic players can visit Coruscant, Sith Players can’t visit this world
- Coruscant seems to be split into levels such as Senate, Works, Gang areas
- Lots to explore on Coruscant, you can see for miles and miles
- Social areas on Coruscant such as the Spaceport and Galactic Senate
- Coruscant is significantly larger than Tython
- Level range: 10-16
The Galactic Center of Coruscant, the capital of the Galactic Republic since its founding more than fifteen thousand years ago, has been the political hub of the galaxy for millennia. Home to the Supreme Chancellor and the Galactic Senate, it is the most politically important world in the galaxy. Its towers, which are being rebuilt after the recent sacking by the Sith Empire, symbolize the power and prosperity of the Republic, which is slowly returning to its former glory.
- Tython is a planet of forests and ancient ruins, with high mountains and low valleys
- Starter Planet for Jedi Knight & Jedi Consular
- Level range: 1-10
Tython is a planet located within the Tython system of the Deep Core. It is the planet where the Jedi Order originated, in the form of the first society of Force users in known history. It is the starting world of the Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular.
- Starting Planet for Smuggler & Trooper
- The planet is embroiled in civil war
- The planet contains mainly Saltwater seas and Islands
- Level range: 1-10
Ord Mantell is a planet in the Bright Jewel Cluster in the Mid Rim, filled with mountainous plains and volcanic islands. The planet is being fought over by the corrupt government, aligned with the Galactic Republic, and elusive separatist forces using guerilla tactics. It is the starting planet of the Smugglers and Republic Troopers. The civil war has reached a high level of danger, and sending help or steer clear is advised.
- Operation/Raid planet: Eternity Vault (is a prison where a powerful force user is detained)
- The ancient prison was constructed by the Rakatan Empire
- Ice Covered with Small Pockets of Volcanic Temperate Zones
- Level range: 41-44
Belsavis is a planet in the Outer Rim, found within the Bozhnee sector. The furthest of six planets from the system’s star, Belsavis is a largely-frozen wasteland. However, habitable temperate regions can be found scattered across the planet’s surface, created by localized volcanic activity. Belsavis is home to the Tomb, an ancient prison now operated by the Republic.
- A founding member of the Galactic Republic
- Corellia is also the birthplace of many Republic economic, political, and military leaders.
- Communication between Corellia and the Republic have recently been suddenly and mysteriously shut down.
- Level range: 47-50
Corellia was a founding member of the Republic, and has always been a loyal follower since. Its capital of Coronet City is a bustling, yet environmentally-conscious, metropolis. Its free market economy has benefited greatly from the trade of the Great Galactic War, giving the world a financial boom. However, recently Corellia has cut off communications with the Republic and the galactic community at large, going into isolation. The few images that come through show acts of terrorism in Coronet. Also, there are rumors about how the Sith have infiltrated the government and are behind the terrorists.
- Primarily Toxic Swampland and Marshes
- The Empire has moved in to hijack Republic mining operations
- Level range: 36-37
Quesh is a world riddled with toxic waste within Hutt Space. It was discovered by the Galactic Republic during the Great Galactic War but was promptly abandoned due to its poisonous atmosphere.
Its poisonous atmosphere makes it lethal to most life forms, but after a young Republic chemist discovered that the planet’s chemicals can be used to create ingredients for potent adrenals, it was swiftly reoccupied by the Republic who fully invested in its production. However Republic scientists were unable to master the process of turning these chemicals into adrenals so they resorted to an unlikely ally, the Hutts. Three Hutt cartels lended their help in the exchange for a share of the profits. Quesh became a highly valuable world because of the adrenals and has eventually become a battleground between the Republic and the Sith Empire because of this.
- Capital of the Sith Empire.
- Only Sith players can visit Dromund Kaas, Republic Players can’t visit this world
- Home to the Emperor and his Dark Council, Dromund Kaas is a planet consumed with dark side energy.
- Level range: 10-16
Dromund Kaas is the third planet in the Dromund system, and the capital of the Sith Empire. Its coordinates unknown for centuries, the planet was rediscovered by Sith forces after a twenty year self-imposed exile following their defeat during the Great Hyperspace War. It is now home to the Sith Emperor and his Dark Council.
- Starter Planet for Sith Warrior & Sith Inquisitor
- Red, rocky desert planet
- Original home world of the Sith
- Level range: 1-10
Korriban, originally known as Pesegam, is the sole planet in the Horuset system, located in the Outer Rim. It was the original homeworld of the Sith species and a sacred planet for the Sith Order, housing the tombs of many ancient and powerful Dark Lords of the Sith, and containing immense dark side power. It is the starting planet of the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor classes. It is now tightly controlled by the Sith, and all intruders must be completley scanned before being allowed entry.
Nal Hutta (Glorious Jewel in Huttese) is the capital of Hutt Space and is located in the Y’Toub system. It was formerly known as Evocar and is the original home world of the Evocii, who were subjugated by the Hutts, who migrated from their original home world of Varl along with their servants the t’landa Til. It is often referred to simply as Hutta.
While it remains neutral in the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, it is the starting world of the Empire’s Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent classes. The scenery mostly consists of swamps and industrial wasteland.
- Republic forces are supporting the local resistance on this planet.
- The planet is Occupied by the Empire
- Scenery mostly consists of plains
- Level range: 16-20
Balmorra is the first planet of the Nevoota system, situated in the region of space known as the Colonies. Not long after the world’s initial colonization Balmorra became a center for weapons and droid manufacture and research. It’s this history that has prompted the Sith Empire to attempt to claim the planet as its own.
- This is the first planet where both Sith and Republic can mingle and not fight in certain areas (Neutral territory)
- Vast cityscape, ranging from neon towers to squalid dens
- Many corporations conduct testing on Nar Shaddaa.
- Level range: 20-24
Nar Shaddaa, also known as the Smuggler’s Moon, is the largest of five moons in orbit around the planet Nal Hutta. This ecumenopolis is one of the wealthiest locations in the galaxy, the lights and towers of its upper levels embodying pleasure and excess. Nar Shaddaa also serves as a symbol of corruption; run by the Hutt Cartel, the Smuggler’s Moon supports a robust black market and is known for secretive dealings and illegal acts.
- Several of Alderaan’s noble houses are battling for the throne in a brutal civil war
- Alderaan is a mix of landscapes from snow capped peaks to rolling plains to forests
- Alderaan Warzone located on this planet
- Level range: 28-32
Alderaan is a planet located in the Coreward Worlds, and is the second planet in the Alderaan system. Renowned for its unspoiled beauty, Alderaanians work to preserve as much of the natural surroundings as they can. Following the Treaty of Coruscant, Alderaan seceded from the Galactic Republic; reactions to the secession were mixed, and events shortly thereafter sparked the start of a brutal civil war for control of the planet.
- Planet level range is approx 24 – 28 currently
- Anchorhead is the largest settlement on Tatooine
- The planet’s surface consists mainly of deserts
- Ex Czerka Corp mined planet. Imperial presence on planet
- Level range: 24-28
Tatooine is a desert world in the Outer Rim, and the first of three planets that orbit the suns of a binary star system in the Arkanis sector. The world is known as a haven for smugglers, pirates and those seeking to conduct questionable research away from prying eyes.
- Taris is a post-apocalyptic planet with plague infested swamps
- Mention of ‘vertical’ enviroment aspects that maybe similar to Coruscant where you have different levels of the planet to explore
- Level range: 32-36
Taris is the fifth planet orbiting a star in the Seat of the Empire, located within the greater region of the Outer Rim. Once a thriving ecumenopolis, it was reduced to a post-apocalyptic swamp three centuries ago by Darth Malak. The majority of the cityscape was destroyed, and much of what wasn’t collapsed into the planet’s Undercity. Now the Republic seeks to re-colonize the ruins; the success of this undertaking would be a significant spiritual victory against the Empire.
- Covered in golden forests, Voss is home to both the Voss, a peaceful mystic species, and the Gormak, a species with an amazing affinity for technology.
- Nightmare Lands & Forbidden Space are areas on or around Voss.
- Level range: 44-47
Voss is a planet located in the Outer Rim, and is the third planet of the Voss system. It is home to two indigenous species, the warlike Gormak and the less populous Voss. These two peoples have long fought one another, the Voss only surviving against their enemy’s greater numbers by following the guidance of their Mystics.
- Frozen desolate wasteland terrain
- Littered with wreckage from a major battle of what’s called the Great War.
- Level range: 37-41
Hoth is located in the Outer Rim, the sixth planet of a star system bearing the same name. The native sentient species, known as Arkolans, have adapted to the icy surface, while some groups have also been able to exploit the molten core of the planet for mining purposes. One little-known group on the planet, sometimes called the Helstorm Brotherhood, are a revivalist group who maintain an ice fortress on the planet surface. Following a battle above the planet during the Great War, Hoth’s surface became the final resting place of numerous starships belonging to both the Republic and Imperial fleets.
- This planet is designed as endgame content for solo players, but it can still be done as a group if wished. They have end game content for Raiders and PvP players so this for people who perfer solo after all their class content is finished.
- Mountainous Ice World with Subterranean Crystals
- A treasure trove of resources lay untapped in the most unexpected of places–a small, frigid world at the edge of the galaxy
- The Sith Empire has sent a covert team to Ilum to harvest crystals for a dangerous new project
- The planet’s wealth of subterranean Adegan crystals proved to be perfectly attuned for use in Lightsabers
- Level range: 50
Ilum is the ice planet home to many of the Adegan crystals used in the construction of Jedi lightsabers. The Sith Empire launched an assault on Ilum during the Cold War. The Republic and the Jedi both were unable to launch an effort to retake the planet, and resistance against the Empire on Ilum remains minimal. Originally, it was thought that the Sith invaded Ilum to deny the Jedi of their lightsaber crystals, however recent evidence has surfaced suggesting the Empire is using the crystals as a power source for a dark and terrifying new weapon that may tip the balance in favor of the Sith. It has been confirmed that Ilum will be the end game location for solo players.
On a related note, you can also view some in-game screenshots of the galaxy here.